cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Exporting gyroid or diamond structures as STEP or IGES file

SM_11073988
1-Newbie

Exporting gyroid or diamond structures as STEP or IGES file

I have created gyroid structures in creo and want to export it as a step or iges file to work in ANSYS, but if I try to do so, except for the gyroid every other part is getting exported. Is there a solution to this problem. Also I can export it as a STL file which turns out to be heavy, which is not feasible to work with.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @SM_11073988 

Have I tried the new option added in Creo 10 to export model to Ansys Mechanical Format?

Export Model to Ansys Mechanical Format (ptc.com)

do they have this option in creo parametric as well? because I am using creo parametric and I want to do CFD on the model in ansys 

Why would you want to export the simulation to ANSYS when it could be done in Creo parametric?

Running Fluid Simulation Studies—Creo Simulation Live (ptc.com)

True, but I seem to be not getting results properly in Creo flow simulation and would like to try in Ansys once to check if the model has issues

Could you explain why you think you are not getting proper results from Creo flow simulation?

Perhaps the simulation setting is not correct?
Can you share the model with the community?

My company would not let me share the model , but I am using this --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tvTjnsa9UE , as reference for the flow simulation , I am using a tube heat exchanger with gyroid structures as the model for the simulation. I have 4 fluid domains water inlet, outlet and oil inlet and outlet. And one solid domain , that is the heat exchanger itself.

Top Tags