cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Connecting Kepware with the UA Client is experiencing issues such as data loss

XS_10943466
1-Newbie

Connecting Kepware with the UA Client is experiencing issues such as data loss

Our factory has a remote monitoring system with a Kepware based setup utilizing DA (Data Access) method to transfer the data collected from the devices to WinCC. The Kepware version in use is 6.13, and each Kepware instance contains 12,000 static tags. The device's communication interfaces include TCP/IP and RS232.

We plan to develop UA (Unified Architecture) clients in the cloud while keeping the existing system unchanged. This UA client will subscribe to data from the existing Kepware as a second remote monitoring system. However, we currently face the following problems:

Some data points from the same device can be successfully transferred to the UA client, while other data points cannot. (Data transfer to WinCC via DA works fine on all data points.

Data transfer from Kepware to the UA client frequently experiences interruptions, and only restarting the UA client resolves the issue.

The main challenge is that the data transferred to WinCC via DA is complete, but the data received via UA client is incomplete. The UA client does not display any error messages. In effect, the parameters changed significantly, but the UA client was unable to subscribe to these changes.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Translated text from Simplified Chinese to English using google translate

我们的工厂有一个远程监控系统,该系统采用基于 Kepware 的设置,利用 DA(数据访问)方法将从设备收集的数据传输到 WinCC。正在使用的 Kepware 版本为 6.13,每个 Kepware 实例包含 12,000 个静态标签。设备的通信接口包括 TCP/IP 和 RS232。

我们计划在云中开发UA(统一架构)客户端,同时保持现有系统不变。此 UA 客户端将订阅来自现有 Kepware 的数据,作为第二个远程监控系统。但是,我们目前面临以下问题:

来自同一设备的某些数据点可以成功传输到 UA 客户端,而其他数据点则不能。(通过 DA 传输到 WinCC 的数据在所有数据点上都运行良好。

从 Kepware 传输到 UA 客户端的数据经常会遇到中断,只有重新启动 UA 客户端才能解决问题。

主要的挑战在于,通过 DA 传输到 WinCC 的数据是完整的,但通过 UA 客户端接收的数据是不完整的。UA 客户端不显示任何错误消息。实际上,参数发生了重大更改,但 UA 客户端无法订阅这些更改。

- By Community Moderation Team.

1 REPLY 1

@XS_10943466 ,

My name is Chris and I'm the Kepware Community Agent. The issue you have described is quite specific to your particular set up and I do not believe it will be able to be resolved in this community post without a deeper analysis. I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware team so additional files can be passed back and forth like the Application Report. Here is a link to the MY Kepware login page where a support ticket can be logged:

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags