cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Error: Update Tag command failed for address <read/scratch/event counter> buffer bounds

BRangi
7-Bedrock

Error: Update Tag command failed for address <read/scratch/event counter> buffer bounds

Hello Team, 

The issue is when we get the Subject line error afterwards data is not updating Good or Resume even after UCON Driver Device Disable/Enable. However as soon as Reinitialize kepware it become good. What could be the reason of this? 
This below error we are Getting,  so just checked in User manual Error Descriptions but could not able to identify or open sub link of see also section:

Update Tag command failed for address <address.transaction> -
<read/scratch/event counter> buffer bounds.
Error Type:
Serious
Possible Cause:
The combination of "data start byte" property of the Update Tag command and tag data size have caused to
driver to attempt to access non-existent source buffer elements.
Solution:
This command can only operate on bytes received by the last Read Response command, previously stored
in a Scratch buffer or global buffer, or the 16-bit values stored in event counter buffers. Make sure the sum
of data start byte and the data length (2 for word, 4 for float, and so forth) does not exceed the number of
bytes in the source buffer.

See Also:
Update Tag
Read Response Command
Scratch Buffer
Global Buffer
Event Counter

If you know anything about it, please let me know. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@BRangi,

The error you have referenced is typically seen in conjunction with DNR messages in the KEPServerEX Event Log. I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware team to properly analyze potential communication diagnostics and Wireshark captures showing responses from the device.

Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@BRangi,

The error you have referenced is typically seen in conjunction with DNR messages in the KEPServerEX Event Log. I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware team to properly analyze potential communication diagnostics and Wireshark captures showing responses from the device.

Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris 

Hello @cmorehead ,

Okay Noted. We will create a Ticket. But the concern is that is it possible that, due this error, Kepware could not able to re-fetch the data Again after connection established?  Due to this Kepware not able to get data on client or QC until the Kepware Reinitialized 

BR,

Bhadresh

@BRangi,

I understand the concern, which is why I think case is needed to have the Kepware team fully investigate why the disconnection is occurring. Can you provide the case number so I can provide a possible resolution to the original community post so other members may benefit from your inquiry?

Thanks,
*Chris   

Top Tags