cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Kepware opc da connection

RD_11025017
4-Participant

Kepware opc da connection

Hi, 

I'm trying to make a remote connection between a OPC client to a OPC server (Kepware).

On the server side, after adding the device and channel (OPC-DA), I was able to find and import the tags from the client, but they all show that the quality is "Bad" and also have no value. On the other hand, when I add the tags directly in Kepware's tag management (OPC quick client), I can observe the tags and see that they're value is changing.

I ve tried dcom configuration but i am already in same pc.

In short, I have a connection with the client, I'm just unable to receive any value when I add the tags through the device connection I’ve set up in Kepware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RD_11025017 

OPC DA connections also require that the RPC initiation port of TCP 135 be opened through any and all firewall applications and network routing appliances to allow the communication to start, and then the dynamic port range required by both operating systems to allow the OPC callbacks to be returned to the requesting client application.
Hence, it is necessary to specifically open the dynamic port range required by Microsoft: 
If your computer network environment uses only Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista, you must enable connectivity over the high port range of 49152 through 65535.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/832017

If you feel you have the correct ports opened already, I recommend opening support ticket with the Kepware team for further troubleshooting.

Thanks,

*Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@RD_11025017 

OPC DA connections also require that the RPC initiation port of TCP 135 be opened through any and all firewall applications and network routing appliances to allow the communication to start, and then the dynamic port range required by both operating systems to allow the OPC callbacks to be returned to the requesting client application.
Hence, it is necessary to specifically open the dynamic port range required by Microsoft: 
If your computer network environment uses only Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista, you must enable connectivity over the high port range of 49152 through 65535.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/832017

If you feel you have the correct ports opened already, I recommend opening support ticket with the Kepware team for further troubleshooting.

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags