cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Unable to query recordset on Log Group 'Name' Reason: (Blank)

LB_11012903
4-Participant

Unable to query recordset on Log Group 'Name' Reason: (Blank)

This was working yesterday, and during the night Windows installed updates and restarted the computer (this is on a development computer for now). 

Not sure what the issue is. It connects to the DSN and says it is logging data. Then after that I get the recordset error, but no description of that the error may be.

LB_11012903_0-1712328086738.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@LB_11012903 ,

The error message you are seeing is coming from the Operating System's DSN and indicates a problem between the DSN and the Table. Usually there is another user which has the table locked up. Please take a look at the knowledge base article in the following link

Article - CS323476 - Unable to Query Recordset on Log Group in PTC Kepware Products

If you are unable to locate the user that may have the table locked, I recommend opening support ticket with the Kepware team to perform more in-depth troubleshooting. Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

It says it can't see that table in SQL (why no reason was given is interesting) - was the table or a tag it needs modified in any way? Did you update Kepware revisions? I danced with this kind of thing and it was from a tag change I made months earlier that Kepware was able to deal with while it kept running, but once I stopped and re-started it, it would no longer process that group.

In my experience it's always been something basic and simple that I never look for initially. so I always wind up smacking my forehead. 

Sadly no. I have recreated tags, tables, and everything. Every time it stops, it happens. No-tag changes or table changes...

LB_11012903_0-1712446957482.png

@LB_11012903 ,

The error message you are seeing is coming from the Operating System's DSN and indicates a problem between the DSN and the Table. Usually there is another user which has the table locked up. Please take a look at the knowledge base article in the following link

Article - CS323476 - Unable to Query Recordset on Log Group in PTC Kepware Products

If you are unable to locate the user that may have the table locked, I recommend opening support ticket with the Kepware team to perform more in-depth troubleshooting. Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris 

Chris,

Why no reason given? does that not get passed back to Kepware as part of DSN response? 

@SlidingDownhill 

Yes, the message gets passed to KEPServerEX from the DSN. Although there is typically a "reason" presented, it doesn't always get populated. In the few times I have seen no reason given, the issue was with another user locking up the database. 

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags