cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Toolbox like solidworks but for Creo Elements Direct Modeling?

IceMelon
5-Regular Member

Toolbox like solidworks but for Creo Elements Direct Modeling?

Greetings!

Is there a module/macro/expansion for Creo Elements Direct Modeling similar to the Toolbox in Solidworks? Currently, when I want to grab a fastener. I have to go to a webpage built by our organisation. Download a .sdexp file and drag that into Creo. And Creo loads it from the database. This works fine. But I'd much rather have an interface within Creo itself that has this functionality. 

My previous post was about customising my toolbar. And since then I've familiarized myself a bit more with the LISP programming language and the Syntax used by Creo. I am not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination, but i do have some basic knowledge. So if there is no such module available. I would like to try my own hand at developing such an interface. Both to make something useful and to learn to program such a tool. 

I downloaded a Pipe Measure Tool from the  http://osd.cad.de/ website. But I was not happy with how it functioned. So I made some improvements and translated it to English. And since then I was hooked on trying to make custom LISP macros. And when I asked myself the question: What do i want most out of Creo, that I dont have yet?. And it was a toolbox.

My ideal toolbox would be one that updates daily, and automatically places new fasteners or standard components like pneumatic Cilinders in their correct tabs. But that might be a bit ambitious.

Does something like this exist? Or would it have to be a custom add-on?

Also, if anyone is interested in the Pipe Measure tool. I could make it into a seperate post. Since it doesn't work perfectly yet.

I am using Creo Elements/Direct Modeling V20.1.2.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
IceMelon
5-Regular Member
(To:Kotom-Eng)

Hi Kotom,

Thanks. I did find out through a colleague that we chose to not get this module due to cost.

However when I looked through the PTC website it looked like it's an extention that is included in the base program?

But I didn't manage to activate it on my workstation.

The error was:

Activation of module "Part Library" failed: "No PartLibrary directory found. Please check installation"

And not something like:

No licence for part library found

So is this extention included in the creo licence, and is it just a matter of setting it up? Or is it a seperate licence?

We seem to have all modules available besides the Part Library. Which seems weird to me.

SolidDesigner_rAVoTwU9ZI.png

Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone
(To:IceMelon)

Indeed Part Library is not free (it's a nonsense since standardisation is the heart of engineering).

Therefore, you need a license.

You need to install the Part Library software as well.

http://kotom.eng.free.fr
Top Tags