cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Edit Part Wizard behave differently than New Part Wizard with Classification Attribute Default Value

MarcBurnett
4-Participant

Edit Part Wizard behave differently than New Part Wizard with Classification Attribute Default Value

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.2.7

The Part Classification default Value shows in the New Part Wizard but not in the Edit Wizard. In the Edit Wizard, the Attributes Values are all Blank, while the same Attributes populate correctly in the New Part Wizard.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @MarcBurnett 

Check a layout configuration for the Edit or Create Wizard in a Type and attribute management.

PetrH

Hello Petr

The Edit Layout and the Create New Layout are using the same Classification Attribute.   None have an Attribute Properties set.  Even if I set Include Blank Option to No or the Default Value Display Mode to Prepopulate. the Attributes still populate Blank in the Edit Wizard.

The default value of attribute  (Site> Utilities> Preference Management, and c Attribute Handling> Default Value Display Mode ) is already set to Pre-Populate.  What bugs me is that it's not working only in the Edit Wizard.

I wonder if creating a Part (using Create Wizard) without adding a Classification Node (living Classification Attribute blank) is causing this.  It would be problematic because we are not able to set or edit the classification during the Auto-Associate operation.

MarcBurnett_0-1714058386855.png

Top Tags