Group owners have the ability to customize the overview (editing) page so that it creates the best user experience for its purpose and members. This tutorial provides instructions on how to customize groups and spaces' layouts and widgets in the ThingWorx Community.
1. Once you have created a group or have been assigned ownership of a space, you can customize the layout of the overview page.
Click Manage > Overview Page.
2. Each space has a default three-column layout and a standard set of widgets, or tools that display different information. Despite these pre-sets, you can select from a variety of layouts and add, remove and modify the widgets. You can use the presets or experiment with different layouts and widgets to find the right combination that works for you and your group.
3. Next to the layouts is a list of the Widgets users can select. They are organized by category and when you click on the widget, you can see a preview of what it will look like if added to your group.
4 Next, users can grab a widget's Drag to Add button and drag it onto their design.
5. To edit a widget, click the drop down arrow to the right of the widgets name and click the Edit This Widget link to edit its properties. You can remove any unwanted widgets by clicking the Remove This Widget link.
6. While considering layouts, you can easily drag widgets from column to column by holding down your cursor over the widget's name and dropping it wherever you desire. (Hint-- when dropping a widget in it's new location, make sure you see the faded green color behind the new widget location before letting go of your cursor).
7. Once the design looks the way you want it, you can click Publish Layout. If you don't like the changes you made, you can also click Discard Changes. Remember that you can redesign the group at any time by returning Manage > Overview page of the group's homepage.
8. If you made changes but don't feel ready to publish it, you can click Save for Later and the next time you open your Overview page you will see your saved changes to continue editing and publish at another time.
Have additional questions about customizing groups in the ThingWorx Community? Leave a comment below.