Scripto Editor is an enhanced Groovy Script Editor that allows the developer to compile and test uploaded Groovy Scripts on the fly. Please note that Scripto Editor is not a replacement for an IDE and should be used mainly for debugging Groovy Scripts.
- Install the archive as a custom app
- Log into the Axeda Platform
- Navigate to Administration > More Links -> Extended Applications
- Click Browse and select the file downloaded in step 1.
- Set the URL as "ScriptoEditor"
- Set the Default Index as ScriptoEditor.html
- Set Dsplay Mode as Standalone
- Optionally enter a Description, such as Scripto Editor for Groovy Objects
- Click Upload
- Open Scripto Editor by navigating to https://yourServicelink.axeda.com/apps/ScriptoEditor/ScriptoEditor.html
- Log in using your Axeda Platform credentials
- Double click any previously uploaded Groovy Script in the list to open
- Add or edit parameters in the Properties sidebar
- Test the script by clicking the Test tab in the sidebar and clicking "Run Test"
- Results will appear in the console at the bottom of the screen
- Save the Groovy Script by clicking "Save"Note: if the session expires before you have finished editing, the application will alert you with a pop up "Http Request Error". You will be unable to save your changes - at this point it is recommended to open a new tab and copy over your changes back into Scripto Editor. For this reason, Scripto Editor is not a replacement for an IDE and should be used sparingly for on-the-fly debugging.Additionally, any changes made in Scripto Editor will need to be manually copied back into the local development source code.
WARNING: Scripto Editor has a 1000 line code limit. If your custom objects are longer than this, Scripto Editor will truncate them when saving!!