Introduction to ThingWorx Community
ThingWorx Community is the place where developers, customers and partners work together.
On ThingWorx Community people receive updates about :
- ThingWorx IoT events that provide an up close, hands-on access to today’s augmented reality and IoT technology
- Developer Community where engineers are building smart and connected applications
- Latest feature enhancements and bug fixes
Features of ThingWorx Community
ThingWorx Community provides the following features :
- Overview of the whole Community activity
- Users can promote themselves by customizing their own profile and sharing their expertise
- Communities are split on different user interests to which users can subscribe
- All activities can be sorted by: date created, latest activity or title
Developer Community is the place where people connect with developers to learn how to build and deploy IoT applications.
In Developer Community as well as in all other communities people can:
- Create a discussion, a blog post or a poll
- Read all the recent news
- View recent content or trending items
- Browse answered or unanswered questions
How to create a discussion
A user can create a discussion from anywhere inside the ThingWorx Community by following the below steps :
- From the upper right corner click the pencil icon and then click “Discussion” under create content
- In the Text area insert a detailed description (sometimes can include “Expected behavior” and “Actual behavior” ) and in the title try to summarize the topic
- In the Places drop-down select the most appropriate community or group to which you will want to post your content
- In the Tags drop-down select all the relevant tags that you want to use for your content
How to follow / subscribe to a place or a group
From the upper left menu by going to “Browse” > “Places” link, a user will get all the places and groups to which he can join.
From the gear icon of each item a user can subscribe or unsubscribe from the selected place.
How to follow / subscribe to a discussion or content item
From the upper left menu by going to “Browse” > “Content” link, a user will get all the content or discussion from the places to which he is subscribed.
From the gear icon of each content item a user can subscribe or unsubscribe from the selected content.