ThingWorx 7.4 covers the following areas of the product portfolio: ThingWorx Analytics, ThingWorx Utilities and ThingWorx Foundation which includes Core, Connection Server and Edge capabilities.
|Key Functional Highlights|
Highlights of the release include:
- Integration: Improved integration framework making it easy to connect with external systems, including a standard Windchill connector, to retrieve data on demand.
- Industrial Connectivity: New Industrial Gateway and Discover navigation tool simplifying the mapping of tags to properties, including performance enhancements for data updates.
- Edge/CSDK: Build process improvements, Subscribed Property Manager (SPM) enhancements, asynchronous service requests and TLS updates to increase developer productivity, improve application performance and strengthen security.
- Next Generation Composer: Re-imagined Composer using modern browser concepts to improve developer efficiency including enhanced functionality, updated user interface and optimized workflows.
These features will be available at the end of March 2017.
- Advanced Grid: New grid widget with improved design, context menu, multi-column sorting, global search and many more common grid-related features.
- Tree Grid: New tree-grid widget with same features as advanced grid plus ability to pre-load tree levels, dynamically load child data and auto expand all nodes to build more powerful mashups.
Administer & Manage
- MS SQL Server: New persistence provider for model and run-time data providing customers an alternative to PostgreSQL.
- Security: ThingWorx worked with industry standard security scanning and auditing tools to identify and correct all non-trivial, and many trivial, vulnerabilities to ensure secure software best practices.
- Licensing: Link ThingWorx to PTC systems of record to manage user entitlement and provide usage information and auditing capability critical to TWX, PTC and its partners.