cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

UserGroup Regions

ablyth
7-Bedrock

UserGroup Regions

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible with the UserGroup object to return the Regions that the group has visibility for? I can easily return if the regionsecurity is enabled/disabled, but can't find in the documentation where to return any regions assigned?

Regards,

Alan

4 REPLIES 4
cdovholuk
6-Contributor
(To:ablyth)

I see the UserGroup having a list of "RegionReference". I think that's what you mean right?  THese are 'reference' objects, lightweight versions of the full object. To get the full object you'll need to find them out via the RegionBridge. for example:

UserGroup ug = userGroupBridge.findOne(new UserGroupCriteria(name:"my_user_group"))

return regionBridge.findById(ug.regions[0].systemId)

cdovholuk
6-Contributor
(To:cdovholuk)

Oh a quick aside... Once you are on 6.8 you can get to all the javadoc via the artisan portion of the platform at https://yourPlatformBaseUrl/artisan/apidocs/v2/

You can then go to artisan/apidocs/v2/com/axeda/services/v2/UserGroup.html and see the javadoc for UserGroups and it shows you:

public List<RegionReference> getRegions()

cheers!    

ckaminski
13-Aquamarine
(To:cdovholuk)

This feature is not available on 6.6 or prior, so if Alan is not using 6.8, then I believe that no, there is no way for him to get  this data. 

That's a shame,

Looking forward to 6.8!

Alan,

Top Tags