cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Master Data Management of a SQL database

bzindy
6-Contributor

Master Data Management of a SQL database

I am trying to maintain a SQL table with a mashup.

I realized that with a repeater function coupled with some services that call some sql scripts (update, select...)

This works just fine but is extremely slow. In fact i can not select more than 50 rows in my display if i do not want to degrade the performance too much,

I know for a fact that the SQL queries are extremely fast so the performance problem is not related to the execution of these. It may lie in the conversion of the SQL result in a thingworx datashape though?

1- am I using the wrong technology/way of designing my mashup?

2- i found it tough to find in the logs the elements that are actually slow, how can i do that?

Any idea/example of someone who did that in the past?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
paic
1-Newbie
(To:bzindy)

Within the Composer you can go to Monitoring/System/Status which will show you memory usage of the JVM that might be impacting the performance.

Repeaters themselves can be somewhat slow, to see how that is loading, pull up the browser developer tool (in Chrome hit F12) and the network tab will show what is loading and how fast/slow the information is coming in.

bzindy
6-Contributor
(To:paic)

thanks Pai. I will try that.

Top Tags