cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Organization Management

claudef
1-Newbie

Organization Management

Hi

I'm currently trying to use the organization system to make an application but I have some problems with it :

-  is there way to change more things on the LoginFrom page ? like the text in the inputs, on the button, etc

I have a few different levels of users and I would like the menu to
change according to that without havng to N menus and N masters (and I'm
not sure but probably N Home Mashup ?)
it seems to me there's a group property for Menu Items that would do that but it doesnt work for me

How does the logout work now in Thingworx 6 ? I could just do a menu
item with the link pointing to /Server/...?method=post before in TW5,
but, of course, it doesn't work anymore in TW6

What would be best
practices for separating the different access to data of users of the
same type ? Using visibility or some properties I would set ? (for now,
no critical information, they're just accessing Things, but for
convenience, I would like them to see only some that are affected to
them, not all)

Thanks for reading

6 REPLIES 6
paic
1-Newbie
(To:claudef)

The Login form page currently does not feature any additional configuration options.

Assigning Groups to Menus and Menu items should show/hide Menus and Items according to the Group(s) a user is assigned to.

Please log a case for the logout issue, this no longer works, because we've removed the POST and PUT methods from the url GET request interpretation due to Cross Site attack risks.

For restricting access to a User's specific Things and associated information, you would use Visibility.

YangJaeUng
5-Regular Member
(To:paic)

Hi Pai

Is logout functionality still not working?

Where can I find more information about it?

paic
1-Newbie

As a thought, you should be able to build a Service that does the logout call using an actual POST. (Like PostJSON)

claudef
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

Thanks for the info
I finally got the Menu to work correctly (can't remember what I did though) but I still can't make a logout button
I tried the TerminateUserSessions service and it worked at the beginning, giving me a warning only Admins should use it but now it doesnt work and give me an error instead
I tried to run it through a wrapper : same effect
and I tried writing a service that would send a POST but the closest I can get to get it working is a 403 Access refused to the ressource
I used postText with my username and password, an empty string as content and the url /Thingworx/Server/*/Services/Logout

Do you have an example or any idea about this ?

also while i'm at it, I had to give visibility on the PlatformSubsystem to the client organization and rights on everything to the System User, did I do something wrong or is it the good way ?

qn
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

FYI, in the ThingWorx Market, there's a Logout button widget now.

Top Tags