cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creating a new widget

giladl
5-Regular Member

Creating a new widget

Hello guys,

I would like to divide my mash-up to 2 parts.

On the left side, dashboard with 16 gauges.

On the right side a web-frame that displays an html page for each gauge that you click on from the left side.

how should i do that?

thank you,

Gil.

3 REPLIES 3
paic
1-Newbie
(To:giladl)

I would look into the use of a Repeater with Selection enabled to do this in an efficient way.

Else you can overlay a hidden button on top of the Gauge which feeds the link to the web-frame

The  biggest challenge you have going this route, is the fact that you have to somehow come up with some client side logic using the expression widget/validation widget and some parameters to get only 1 final result to feed into the web frame.

So the repeater is a much better way to go.

There may be some other solutions possible

giladl
5-Regular Member
(To:paic)

Hello PaiC,

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately the repeater isn't the way I'm looking for. As for the hidden button, it is a good way, but it canceling the responsiveness of the mash (by default, I may have to use this way).

Is there a possibility to create a new gauge widget with an extension of clicking by a SDK?

Gil

paic
1-Newbie
(To:giladl)

Hi Gil,

you can always create your own widgets if you have that need. You can take a look at the Gauge and Button code to use that as a basis to create your own.

Please be sure to create it as a new extension vs. a modification of the existing widget. You can more information on this in the Wiki.

Top Tags