cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Database Connection Thing

kevind1
1-Newbie

Database Connection Thing

Hi there, 

I'm trying to connect to the database, using the database connection thing, however, I happen to be running into certain problems. First I would have this connection string:

jdbc:mysql://*.compute-1.amazonaws.com:3306/demo?user=thing1&password=password!&allowMultiQueries=true (not an accurate connection string but used for sample purposes).  Then I would save it and open a service it says connection error via service.  So I check the connection I noticed that the changes I made is gone it still shows:  jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/demo?user=root&password=password&allowMultiQueries=true.

Is there a reason why my connection stream is not working? Is there a reason why the connection is not working and not staying?

I'm using the MySQL Extension...

Thank you,

Kevin Davis

3 REPLIES 3
paic
1-Newbie
(To:kevind1)

If you are using the MySQL extension, I would create a Thing based on the MySQL ThingTemplate since it will default in a lot of the information. All you would need to do is to update the Connection String and add the User name and Password (i.e. omit from connection string)

py
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

Hi,

Could you help, How to change the password dynamically for database thing.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:py)

Each Thing will have configuration tables and you can access those and edit the values.

the ODBC configuration will be in once such tables.

Just be aware that each user logging in will be using the same Connector so be careful as to how this is implemented.

Top Tags