cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

State Definition Minimum Value

keriw
1-Newbie

State Definition Minimum Value

Is there any way that you can set the state definitions so that you don't have to hard code the minimum value, it would be nice if it could be passed in from your dataset as sometimes the minimum is calculated or changes from data to data.

4 REPLIES 4
paic
1-Newbie
(To:keriw)

Generally speaking when you apply a state definition, the state definition cut offs or value matches are exposed as bindable properties on the widget. So yes you can dynamically set the value.

keriw
1-Newbie

I see where the value compare is bindable but I don't see where you can configure the cut off value.  It allows me to modify it but not bind it when I click on the statedefinition attached to the gauge (that's what I am currently working on using).  Can you explain what piece I am missing?

paic
1-Newbie

From another Widget or Service you can take a value and bind that to the Cut-off that is exposed as a property.

This follows exactly along the example that is in the Thingworx Fundamentals training when it covers styles and states and does the bindable cut-offs for the gauge.

keriw
1-Newbie

perfect, thanks I see it now, it is called ValueFormatter_(what ever the description you defined is)

Top Tags