cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Thingworx as ROOT application on Tomcat

ptc-6682754
1-Newbie

Thingworx as ROOT application on Tomcat

How do I make Thingworx be the root application on Tomcat?  I've tried the "usual" method (renaming the Thingworx.war file to ROOT.war and deploying) but it just redirects immediately to /Thingworx/home (which obviously is not there).

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

I don't know if this is the correct solution but it's worked for me. In your tomcat webapps folder (eg. usr/share/tomcat7/webapps) replace the contents of the "ROOT" folder with the contents from the "Thingworx" folder. I first copied the contents of the "ROOT" folder to a new folder called "tomcat" so I could still access the tomcat manager app at <serverIP>/tomcat. Let me know if you have any questions

You have a couple of options:

Remove the out-of-the-box ROOT/ directory from tomcat and rename your war file to ROOT.war before deploying it.

Deploy your war as (from your example) war_name.war and configure the context root in conf/server.xml to use your war file :

<Context path="" docBase="war_name" debug="0" reloadable="true"></Context>

The first one is easier, but a little more kludgy. The second one is probably the more elegant way to do it.

Top Tags