cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Way-points in Google map widget.

ptc-1849353
5-Regular Member

Way-points in Google map widget.

Hi,

With a KML file – that has multiple Placemark tags to for an overall router – I would like to show the Google map widget with the route laid over. How do I do this?

The closest that I have come to is as follows. There is a RouteData field for the Google map widget, that I presume, takes input as an Infotable of one column – LocationField – of type, Location. I wrote a service that generated multiple location points (corresponding to a Placemark in a KML file) and fed it to the RouteData field. But, I couldn’t see any result. Is this the right way for this problem?

1 REPLY 1

Make sure you set "Show Routes" property. :)

I tried the same thing and was having problem on the way I was adding the Location Property. It worked for me creating a basic service that alllowed be to pick a point in the map and add it to the property of a thing:

var newRow = new Object();

newRow.Location = InputLocation;

me.Route.AddRow(newRow);

I then added a button to a mashup that ran this service everytime I clicked on it

I also modified the Google Maps Extension to read KML files, using as reference the link below:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/layer-kml

Top Tags