cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Problem with SDK examples

bradleys
1-Newbie

Problem with SDK examples

EDIT: I have the Java and C SDK examples working. I'll leave this info here for anyone else who might be looking for it.

The C example requires an SSL connection to Tomcat. It appears that #defining NO_TLS would remove this limitation but it doesn't (at least not in the beta I'm using).

The java example does not work with an SSL connection i.e. just use http on port 80.

Original post below:

Hi,

I've tried using the beta C SDK but cannot get it to connect to ThingWorx. To make sure I have ThingWorx set up properly I tried out the Java example but that won't connect either. The Java appears to be running:

09:48:32.152 DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.m.CommunicationEndpointMonitorTask - CommunicationEndpoint Monitor - checking for disconnected endpoints
09:48:47.154 DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.m.CommunicationEndpointMonitorTask - CommunicationEndpoint Monitor - checking for disconnected endpoints
09:49:02.155 DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.m.CommunicationEndpointMonitorTask - CommunicationEndpoint Monitor - checking for disconnected endpoints
09:49:03.169 DEBUG c.t.c.c.c.n.ThingworxClientConnectionHandler - ClientHandler: 884571062 Client has been idle, sending websocket ping...
09:49:03.170 DEBUG i.n.h.c.h.w.WebSocket08FrameEncoder - Encoding WebSocket Frame opCode=9 length=0
09:49:03.170 DEBUG i.n.h.c.h.w.WebSocket08FrameDecoder - Decoding WebSocket Frame opCode=10
09:49:03.170 DEBUG i.n.h.c.h.w.WebSocket08FrameDecoder - Decoding WebSocket Frame length=0

but whe n I look at SteamSensor1 and look at the isConnected property on RemoteThing it reads false. I've tried refreshing. Any tips as to where to look for the problem?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Ok Cancel that. I only added 1 Sensor and the for loop in the example starts at Sensor2 (which doesn't exist).

Hi Bradley, did you manage to get the C example running? NO_TLS is still not working, beside port selection.

Somehow my Linux tomcat instance does not provide WS: I receive always 404 when I try to connect, also with foreign tools. 

Problem is related to tomcat packages for Ubuntu/Debian as they do not provide thee websocket jar

Top Tags