cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Create DataShape via EntityService - missing?

dwightwhe
1-Newbie

Create DataShape via EntityService - missing?

Hi,

I am looking for a service call to create a DataShape. It seems this is missing in the EntityServices. I've seen this question asked before but could not find an answer.

My use case is that I have an external application that has definitions for various device types with a different set of sampling variables each. I would like to create a ThingTemplate for each device model and a DataShape matching the defined variables programmatically via the REST API or a service call. I can do everything except for creating a DataShape it seems.

Going further this missing DataShape prevents me from defining a Stream for device instances with that DataShape. It seems Streams can only be defined with a specific DataShape selected. Manual definition of the DataShape via the Composer is not an option. We're blocked at this point.

Are there any work arounds or solutions? Much appreciated.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:dwightwhe)

Hi Dwight,

In the next release, functionality has been added to programmatically create DataShapes.

Thanks Adam!

Top Tags