cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

iMessage Notification

ptc-6292144
3-Visitor

iMessage Notification

Hello,

Does anyone know how to have a notification sent to someones iMessage email account on an Apple device? For example, have the notification sent to my icloud account email which is linked to my iMessage settings. Looking to have the notification show up in the text message application of my device vs the mail application.

If anyone knows how to have the notification show up in the notification center of an Apple device that would be helpful as well.

Thank you,

Mike Francek

1 REPLY 1
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6292144)

Hi Mike,

To my knowledge, Apple does not publish information about the iMessage protocol, so sending notifications to an email account associated with an Apple ID is likely not possible. However, the Messages app does support SMS messages, making it possible to use the Twilio extension to send notifications to an iPhone. Whether or not they appear in Notification Center depends on your preferences for Notification Center and Messages.

Regards,

Adam

Top Tags