cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Accessing Session variables across Mashup

rajgs
1-Newbie

Accessing Session variables across Mashup

Hi All,

I have a login page mashup. On successful login I want to pass the username entered in the Login Mashup (which I take from DB - not Thingworx username)  as session variable to another Mashup. I have created a ThingShape and added it in Session Shape Manger for the same and got it's properties in Session of Mashup through "GetGlobalSessionValues" and associated the entered User name to the Session variable but the same is not getting reflected in the another mashup discussed even though referred. Please let me know how to access the session variable across mashup in this case.

3 REPLIES 3
magrawal
1-Newbie
(To:rajgs)

Hi Raj GS​,

did you get the answer for it?
if yes please guide.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:magrawal)

Meenakshi, do you need help with the session parameters or your question is exactly the same as what Raj has asked above?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:rajgs)

There is a slight disconnect with session parameters.

if you set it Server side, the client side mashup won't know about it until a reload.

If the mashups are both open at the same time, the best way to push the value into the session is to do it Client side.

So in the login mashup, have the user login, then return the User name to the login mashup and bind it to the session in the mashup vs. setting it server side.

With 7.2 btw we do have Push capability, so now you can push the value to the other mashup if so desired.

Top Tags