cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

User security question

davidcor
1-Newbie

User security question

I've created a mashup that references a custom service that is defined on a thing that calls Resources["EntityServices"].CreateThing service to create a new thing from a template. "Service execute" permissions have been applied as follows:

• for the System account on the referenced thing that contains the called service, under all properties, events and services
    • for the user on the referenced thing that contains the called service, in an override for the service
    • for the System account on the Thing Template that is used to create the new Thing
    • for the System account on EntityServices 

I am now seeing an error that states "Not authorized for Create Cause: Not authorized for Create]" but I can't figure out where to go next.

6 REPLIES 6
smanley
13-Aquamarine
(To:davidcor)

Hi David,

You'll have to grant the

System

user

Create

runtime permissions on the Entity Services Resource. Go to System>Resources and on the Right side of the entity on the Resources list, select the permissions icon and go to runtime. Under Services Overrides, Select Create Thing and add the System user to the service permissions.

Thank you,

Saeed

The System account already had "Service Execute" on the EntityServices resource for all properties, events and services. I also explicitly added the permissions in an override for CreateThing and I get the same error. I've also tried explicitly giving the user account permissions to the CreateThing service and that hasn't worked either

smanley
13-Aquamarine

You will also have to go to the explorer and click on the permissions icon next to Things. In design time, give your user permission to create here.

That did the trick. Now I am having a similar problem with creating a new User.  In design time, I gave System user Create permissions on the Users object.

Import Failed: Not authorized for Create Cause: Import Failed: Not authorized for Create

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Dear David,

did you resolve the CreateUser issue(Not authorized for Create Cause: Import Failed: Not authorized for Create)?

I had the same issue now.

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Hi David,

I resolved the issue with:

Go to Users->Permissions, add the logged in user's Group into Design time, then I could run test "CreateUser" successfully.

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

Top Tags