cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Mail Thing Issues

ptc-6292144
3-Visitor

Mail Thing Issues

Hello,

I have a mail thing setup and I have the account information entered as described in the workbook, however I am receiving the follow error:

Unable to Send Message: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 25

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike Francek

6 REPLIES 6
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6292144)

Hi Mike,

Are you connecting from within your corporate network? If so, the port may be blocked.

Adam,

I am connecting from within my corporate network. Is there a way around the port being blocked or do I need to get with my IT department?

Thank you,

Mike

Hi Michael,
I had the same problem and in the end I had to connect through a different network in order to connect to the smtp host.
You can do three things:
1. contact your IT and ask them to open access for that smtp.gmail.com on port 25
OR
2. ask them what open ports you can use to connect to smtp.gmail.com
OR
3. create a local mail server on your laptop using the hMailServer software. In this case you will change the server address to localhost.

Best regards,
Vladimir

Vladimir,

Thank you for the proposed solutions. What should I put for the ports if I use the hMailServer software solution?

Thank you,

Mike

I just tested it and it wont let me send an email. Still gives the error Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25

In hmailserver you must make some configurations:
-settings/advanced/ip ranges must remain only 127.0.0.1
-in domain, you must add a new domain, for example as "localhost.localdomain"
-under this domain, you create a test user, with whatever name you want
in the Mail Extension, you set the server as localhost, and the user as "test@localhost.localdomain". replace tst with the name of the user account created above. Also SMTP server port must be 25.

It should work.

BR,
Vladimir

Top Tags