cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Mobile design, development, and deployment?

beck.smith
1-Newbie

Mobile design, development, and deployment?

We have a need to develop and deliver mashups which transparently cross the range of platforms from PC to smart phone – i.e. “design once: deploy many”.  The current methodology of responsive panels/frames seems to carry only so far.

There is a lot of disparate information and chatter on the ThingWorx community, press releases, and such – but no definitive direction or roadmap that I have found. 

Our ThingWorx product manager is in contact with the Mobile Mash-Up Builder Program manager and hopes to give us a status/roadmap by this Friday.

Would like to ask the Community:

- Are you doing mobile development with cross platform deployment?

- What techniques, restrictions, or roadblocks (if any) experiencing with ThingWorx 5.5 or above in mobile development?

- Any pointers to mobile app development documentation, best practices, examples using ThingWorx 5.5 or above?

- Your general ideas and requirements for mobile deployment?

- What you are hearing (from ThingWorx or other) regarding mobile development and deployment?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Any news for this roadmap issue?

Are you doing mobile development with cross platform deployment?

- Yes, and we would like to do it with Thingworx too.

What techniques, restrictions, or roadblocks (if any) experiencing with ThingWorx 5.5 or above in mobile development?

- Thingworx 6.6 composer widgets are not really fully responsive so it pretty much makes it impossible to create mobile UIs with great UX.

- Out of the box outlook of the widgets is not very great...

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:beck.smith)

We just had our Thing Event, you can get a recap here: http://www.thingevent.com/

So at this time we don't support 'true' Mobile App development, but our mashups are html 5 which are mobile browser compatible.

Yes, I watched the event live but It didn't give any answers to roadmap. When are we going to have mobile/ThingBuilder etc.? When Thingworx 7 will be released, which will the new features?

I know, the mashups are html5, but you can't really do sophisticated, truly responsive mashups with those.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:vvahvanen)

So the Mobile Builder will become the Thing X builder which is both a builder for Mobile and AR.

I think they were looking for a release in June or July.

Again I'm not part of Development nor a product owner, so that date can change.

Top Tags