cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to display image property on mashup?

ptc-2261104
1-Newbie

How to display image property on mashup?

Hello,

Below is my scenario for manufacturing plan monitoring
Each plan will have more than 6 production lines and each line will have stations from 4 to 8

Requirement 1:
When user selects any production line i would like to display a line layout with stations (I can create image for each line with stations). I created property of type IMAGE for line ThingShape(ThingTemplate) and uploaded image while creating production-line Thing. How to display this image on mashup - image widget accepts only Source URL/Media.

Requirement 2 (not sure if this is possible)
In production-line layout image I would like to highlight a station with specific color based on its KPI/current state of the station.

At least i would like to meet requirement 1.

5 REPLIES 5
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2261104)

Hi Ketan,

You have a couple of options with regards to your first requirement. Rather than store the image as a property of a

Thing

, you can set the avatar of the

Thing

to the image using

SetAvatar()

and retrieve it using

GetAvatar()

or

GetAvatarURL()

. With this approach, you're able to use the Image widget (

GetAvatarURL()

returns a MEDIALINK) and you won't be creating an extra

Property

. Your other option is to use the Value Display widget to display the image which can display just about anything you throw at it.

For your second requirement, this seems like a situation where you'd want to use

State Definitions

and state-based formatting. You can reference section 04.03 Styles and State Formatting of the Wiki for more information. Are trying to change the actual image or a background image or similar?

Regards,

Adam

Thanks Adam,

For second requirement. I would like to use the production-line image from requirement 1. As i said the production-line will have many stations (production line image will show stations as small icons) and we would be monitoring all stations. This is more like visualization of production line layout which shows small green/orange/red dot on production-line image for each station based on status.

I can share sample image of production-line if you need. I don't see option to upload t here.

-Ketan

Thanks Adam,

For second requirement. I would like to use the production-line image from requirement 1. As i said the production-line will have many stations (production line image will show stations as small icons) and we would be monitoring all stations. This is more like visualization of production line layout which shows small green/orange/red dot on production-line image for each station based on status.

I can share sample image of production-line if you need. I don't see option to upload t here.

-Ketan

Thanks Adam,

-Ketan

adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2261104)

Hi Ketan,

You can access your company's File Repository from the My Forum tab on the homepage.

Top Tags