cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Is it possible to use WebSockets for immediate updates in mashups?

davidhol
1-Newbie

Is it possible to use WebSockets for immediate updates in mashups?

I would like parts of my mashup to update immediately when some property on a thing changes. The only way I've found is to use the auto refresh widget, but it comes with some problems (less immediate, progress bars popping up, some events re-trigger). With a WebSocket between the browser and server, it would be possible to receive events as soon as something changes. Is there support for this in the current version of ThingWorx? I know there's an extension called WebSocket Tunnel, but this is for connecting the device to the browser, as far as I could see.

5 REPLIES 5
smanley
13-Aquamarine
(To:davidhol)

Hi David,

Unfortunately, this feature in not available in the current version of ThingWorx. It is something that is on our road map to include in a future release. For the time being, you'll have to use the

Auto Refresh Widget

to update your M

ashup

Thanks,

Saeed

Hi, Saeed,

Is there functionality to "notify" mashup when some properties of thing changes? Like subscriptions and alerts. Or the only solution yet is to use Auto Refresh Widget?

Thanks.

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:autkin-2)

I believe using auto refresh widget would be the direct option unless you (re-)trigger the service which brings the properties into the Mashup via a Button or another service.

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:smanley)

Hi Saeed,

This feater is something that we are strongly looking for. We hoped that would be included in TW 7.

Speaking of which, that Road Map of yours, is it anywhere to be found?

Thanks

OK. Thank you for the quick answer!

Top Tags