cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Internal service changes in 5.0

jasonpe
1-Newbie

Internal service changes in 5.0

Can you please provide me with a document that tells me which internal services have changed?

For example, I just discovered that GetDesignTimePermissions() and GetRunTimePermissions() outputs have changed in 5.0. This created errors in some of my scripts. I'd rather not have to discover these on a case by case basis and instead would like to have a document that describes all of these changes so I can search through my database and find services that may cause errors now.

Thanks,

Jason

4 REPLIES 4
smanley
13-Aquamarine
(To:jasonpe)

Hi Jason,

The output for the existing Thingworx services should have changed. What errors were returned when you ran these services?

Thank you,

Saeed

smanley
13-Aquamarine

correction: Existing services shouldn't have changed by upgrading to 5.0.

Some did change. For example, GetDesignTimePermissions now in 5.0 returns an info table containing these fields: isPermitted, name,

permissionName

, type. But in 4.2 it returned: isPermitted,

principalName

, name, type. 

This difference causes my script to throw an error since "principalName" no longer exists. It's not a difficult fix by any means but it does require a fix. I'd rather not discover more of these problems during customer use and testing, rather I would like to fix these issues before I see error. I would think there would be a list so I can know what changes have been made to existing services.

smanley
13-Aquamarine

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately, we don't have any documentation on this at the moment, but if you run across any other issues like this in the future, we would be happy to help you troubleshoot and correct them.

Thank you,

Saeed

Top Tags