cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Blog Widget - Add New Post

ptc-6292144
3-Visitor

Blog Widget - Add New Post

Hello,

Is there a way to have an event trigger when a user clicks the add new post button within the blog widget? I have my blog widget setup in a footer that expands and collapses using the new 5 SP1 feature but when the user clicks the add new post button, the add new post overlay shows up underneath the blog widget when it is expanded. I am trying to have the blog widget collapse when the user clicks the add new post button.

Thank you,

Mike

6 REPLIES 6
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6292144)

Hi Mike,

This seems like a bug. Are you trying to collapse the panel simply because of this display issue?

For now, yes but also from a UI layering stand point I think it would be beneficial to have the footer containing the blog widget minimize when the user clicks the add new post button and displays the entry panel.

adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6292144)

Okay. This will require a modification to the Blog widget to support a Clicked Event for the Add New Post button. Another option is to create your own UI to manipulate the Blog Entity. With this option, you'll be able to use the Clicked Event of the Button widget to collapse the panel. Similarly, you can expand the panel after the entry has been added (ServiceInvokeCompleted) which, in my opinion, would be preferable to keeping it collapsed. Of course, this expanding/collapsing will be happening behind the popup so it is unclear to me how this is beneficial.

– Adam

Adam,

How can I modify the Blog widget to support a Clicked Event for the Add New Post Button or when viewing a previous post? I have a header in the mashup and the popups are rendering underneath of it due to the bug. It becomes a big issue with viewing a previous post because the close button is located at the top and it is covered up by the header. Is there a way to modify how big the pops are when clicking on a previous post or adding a new post to the blog widget?

Thank you,

Mike

Hi Mike, I would recommend installing our next release that will fix the issue vs. doing this customization.

Pai,

Will it be a while before the next release comes out?

Thank you,

Mike

Top Tags