cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Question about TW 5 AlwaysOnSubsystem/XMPP configuration

sbeckers
1-Newbie

Question about TW 5 AlwaysOnSubsystem/XMPP configuration

Hi,

I had a question about the configuration of the AlwaysOnSubsystem on TW5. On TW4, our setup consists of one server name for the XMPP communication (thwx1.domain.com:443), and another server name for the SOCKS communication (thwx2.domain.com:443). So those are the "advertise host" & "advertise port" settings. Those two ports are forwarded by our firewall to the same (Thingworx) server, with XMPP (thwx1.domain.com:443) going to port 5222 and SOCKS (thwx2.domain.com:443) going to 1080. So our XMPP host setting is "0.0.0.0" and port is 5222, for SOCKS it's "0.0.0.0" and 1080. In the config.lua file on the Edge Things, the host is thwx1.domain.com and the port is 443.

How should we configure this on TW5? There I only see an "Advertise Host & Port" setting for SOCKS5, not for XMPP. Or doesn't XMPP need an advertise host setting? And what should we put in the "SOCKS5 Subdomain field", leave it at "proxy" or set it to"thwx2"?

Thanks,

Stefan

3 REPLIES 3
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:sbeckers)

Hi Stefan,

Your configuration would be as follows:

SOCKS5 Advertise Host:

thwx2.domain.com

SOCKS5 Advertise Port:

SOCKS5 Subdomain Field:

proxy

The corresponding XMPP settings are no longer necessary.

Thanks,

Adam

Ok, thanks.

And how should the Web Sockets configuration on the server look like? I created a config.json file for the client, using the example file and info on the Wiki, but I don't know how the server should be set up. I.e. the WSCommunicationsSubsystem configuration, specifically the client endpoint list. 

Thanks,

Stefan

smanley
13-Aquamarine
(To:sbeckers)

Hi Stefan,

If you are using SOCKS5 for tunneling or file transfer, the web sockets ems doesn't require a separate host and port for tunnels. You can use the server's external host name/ip address and port 443. For file transfer, the default settings for the file transfer subsystem are fine.

Thanks,

Saeed

Top Tags