cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mail Server using TLS

davidcor
1-Newbie

Mail Server using TLS

I'm trying to configure a mail server to use port 587 and TLS for outbound notifications.  When testing the SendMessage script I get an error indicating that that it could not connect on port 25.

10 REPLIES 10
smanley
13-Aquamarine
(To:davidcor)

Hi David,

It is possible you are receiving this error because ThingWorx is being blocked on the server. Is there a way you can disconnect and try connecting from a different network i.e. a guest network?

Thanks,

Saeed

I'm working on a desktop PC so I can't switch networks. Why is it trying on port 25 instead of 587?

smanley
13-Aquamarine

To better understand the issue, can you export the smtp mail thing and upload it to your repository?

smanley
13-Aquamarine

It may not be trying on port 25 as the error message suggests. It is a generic message and has been reported to development. To be certain whether or not the port is the issue, ping the server on the port you specified and post the result. Can you also confirm that the SMTP host supports this configuration?

It is a MS hosted mail server.  I use this configuration for other monitoring agents so I know it works

any thoughts on what to do next?

smanley
13-Aquamarine

Can you export your mail server Thing from Thingworx and upload it to your group repository? I also need to know if there is a proxy server that may be affecting communication to the mail server.

I can export it.  Not sure how to access the group repository.  No proxy.  I've tested this by using the same parameters in a PowerShell script and was able to send a message from the server

adam11
5-Regular Member

Hi David,

From the

My Forum

tab, you can access your company's

File Repository

where you can upload files to help with troubleshooting.

uploaded the mail server to the file repository

Top Tags