cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Grid Actions

ptc-6173930
1-Newbie

Grid Actions

Team,
         I am a newbie to Thingworx and might be my question might be simple.

a)I want to have separate color for each cell in the Grid based on a threshold value.

b)I want to do a navigation to another screen when i tap on a particular  column.Similar as for other columns.

c)How can i populate dummy data in the grid for a Prototype.

Thanks
Thomas

9 REPLIES 9
smanley
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-6173930)

<!>a)      A.) <!>To have separate colors based on a threshold

value, you will have to create a state definition, which can be found under

Visualizations on the Thingworx Explorer. You can then assign this to the rows or

columns in your grid from the mashup, or assign them to both. For more

information on this, please refer to the Grid widget section (04.04.03.14 ) in

the Wiki documentation where you will find more details on configuring grids. <!>b)      B.) <!>Unfortunately, navigating to a mashup from

selected columns can’t be done with the grid widget alone, but there are other

ways of accomplishing this in a similar fashion. You can use navigation widgets

in the header of a layout and a repeater widget to do this.<!>c)       C:) <!>There are various ways to populate the grid with

dummy data, and this would be determined By the way in which the data will be

used. A little more information about your use case would help to determine the

best way.  Will this be time series data

or typical database storage?

Thanks Saeed for providing valuable info.For the part C,to answer your question it willl be in a Database.Can you please elaborate with an example for part B.

Thanks
Thomas

smanley
13-Aquamarine

Thank you that information. Just for clarification, are you interested in just clicking on the column headings to navigate to a particular mashup or are you navigating to a mashup based on a particular column entry?

Thanks saeed for the quick reply.I am looking for clicking on a particular cell in a grid,take the values to the new Mashup.

Thanks
Thomas

smanley
13-Aquamarine

Hi Thomas,

Now that I fully understand your use case, the method I suggested earlier isn't feasible.This functionality isn't incorporated into Thingworx for the time being. I'll bring this up to our development team, and if this changes in the future, I can notify you. As for populating the table with dummy values, you can create a service that populates a DataTable using for loop. More information on DataTables can be found in the wiki at 03.14.01.

Thanks,

Saeed

Thanks Saeed.I got the following statement from the Grid Wiki page

"DoubleClicked - the DoubleClicked allows you to have a single click select on the data object, but still use a double click for another event, such as linking a double click to trigger a navigation link. "

Will this help me in any way.

Thanks
Thomas

smanley
13-Aquamarine

The selection would be based of off that row and not a particular field in the row. If you would like to navigate to a particular mashup at the click of a row, this would be possible, but at the click of a particular field within the row would not.

OK,Can i navigate to a mashup on clicking any part of the row.i mean any cell in the row takes me to a single mashup.

Thanks
Thomas

smanley
13-Aquamarine

Instead of using a grid, you would need to use the repeater widget and another Mashup to emulate a grid.

• drop a value display widget and a navigation widget into each column
    • configure the navigation widget to link to the desired Mashup.
    • Go to the root Mashup and click configure Parameters and add input parameters that match each database column.
    • bind each of the parameters to their respective value displays in each column
    • create a new Mashup and drop the repeater widget onto it
    • Import the service you will be using to bring in your data and bind All Data to the repeater widget.
    • From the widget parameters, link it to the previous Mashup you created from the magic picker (you will now have access to the input parameters)
    • set the input parameters to the appropriate fields from your database
when you view this Mashup, you will see the repeated Mashup for however many rows of data are coming in from your database.

Top Tags