cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Organization Visibility

jasong
1-Newbie

Organization Visibility

I am confused as to how this organization visibility really works in 5.x and the wiki has not helped clear this up.

I am starting to play around with this, so I did the following.

I made a user, BlankUser.

I logged into Composer as BlankUser, and while I could not edit anything, the list of everything in the system was there in front of me. Same goes for the /Thingworx/Things/ URI.

I would have thought that a brand new user who has no affiliation with ANYTHING would not be able to see ANYTHING. Are my assumptions wrong?

Also it's not clear how these things work from an inheritance perspective.

I can't seem to get this to work at all, but let's just say that I had a Thing that was visible to a User. That thing was built from a Template or a Shape that was NOT visible by the user. Are those properties and services that have been inherited down from the shape/template visible on the Thing that I can indeed see?

3 REPLIES 3
paic
1-Newbie
(To:jasong)

Hi Jason, this is all explained in Wiki entry 6.05 it also has an accompanying video.

Did you look at the video? The video should explain it quite well.

jasong
1-Newbie

I had missed this video, its looking helpful thank you.

jasong
1-Newbie

Ah, the Everyone organization got me. I thought I had looked at that but apparently not.

Top Tags