cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to list Users that belong to an organizational unit?

ptc-5248454
5-Regular Member

How to list Users that belong to an organizational unit?

I have a top level Org Unit and 3 Sub Org Units. 

Trying to build a Mashup with a list of Sub Org Units and another list of users in each Sub Org Unit. 

Questions: 

1. What service can i use to get a list of all Sub Org Units that current user has access to?

2. What service can i use to get a list of Users when Sub Org Unit is selected? 

Thank you.

Vitaliy.

3 REPLIES 3
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-5248454)

Hi Vitaliy,

To get a list of all sub Organizational Units for which a User has visibility, you can can use a User's

GetOrganizations()

Service and use its result to call an Organization's 

GetSubOrganizationConnections()

. To get a list of Users when a sub Organizational Unit is selected, you can use an Organization's

GetMembers()

Service. In both scenarios, you likely want to write "wrapper" Services, so you can include additional functionality. You can find all of these Services in the Service Editor by selecting an Entity on the Entities tab.

Thanks,

Adam

ptc-5248454
5-Regular Member

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@7ce38a2a][message: Entity Not Found : ][context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@da414ab][message: Entity Not Found : ]

adam11
5-Regular Member

Vitaliy,

Have you given your Organizations visibility to any Entities?

Top Tags