cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Redirect to a new mashup through service

rajgs
1-Newbie

Redirect to a new mashup through service

Hi,

I want to redirect to a new mashup from an existing mashup based on a condition. How can i do this from a service? This is for a login page.On Login button click of mashup I have to check if a user exists in database and navigate to a new page if it is a valid user.

6 REPLIES 6
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:rajgs)

Hi Raj,

What type of system are you using for authentication? Are you authenticating with a database (e.g. MySQL) or a directory service (e.g. LDAP)?

Thanks,

Adam

rajgs
1-Newbie
(To:adam11)

Hi Adam,

Yes i am planning to authenticate with a database(Oracle). I have created a Login Mashup. On click of Login/Sign in button i query whether the entered user id and password is present in the database. If yes i want to naviagete to a new mashup, or else i would want to show an error message of Authentication failure.

Regards,

Raj

adam11
5-Regular Member

Raj,

I don't know that authenticating from a Mashup will work for your use case. In order to view your login Mashup, a User would need to authenticate first with ThingWorx. That seems like a less than ideal user experience given that a User will need to authenticate twice.

Hello Guys I find this post interesting, I'm working with the same, I did a service that checks if the user is in the database result as otp (0|1) and then in the mashups I receive a parameter according to the user, my question is if  I can send the parameter into the mashup encrypted ?

jazuara
1-Newbie

Hi,
Not sure if this got solved, but we created two services, one that looks for the user in the database first. Depending on the result (true/false), we pass this as a parameter to another service that returns a string, this is the name of the mashup we want to navigate to, with the help of the Navigation widget.
Now, we are wondering if is it possible to navigate passing a mashup parameter through the navigation widget or via some other way.

Thanks,
Jose

adam11
5-Regular Member

Jose,

You can indeed pass Mashup Parameters using the Navigation widget. Since you'll be dynamically assigning the Mashup to the Navigation, you'll need to select a Mashup and bind each parameter (parameters will appear as properties of the Navigation widget) then repeat for the next possible Mashup.

Let me know if you need further information or if you would like to have a quick call and have me show you.

Thanks,

Adam

Top Tags