cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Mashup Navigation

jazuara
1-Newbie

Mashup Navigation

Hi all,

I'm trying to have a 3-way navigation in a main mashup, based on a parameter through the URL. I have DB services to look for the parameter and get the respective Mashup name, which is bound to the navigation widget. When I test the services separately they work, but in the mashup, I get a "Not found" error, as if one of the parameters of the services is not being sent correctly.

I hope you can help me,
Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:jazuara)

Hi Jose,

Is there an Event triggering the execution of each Service in your Mashup? For example, you can use the

Loaded

Event to execute a Service when the Mashup loads, and/or you can use the Events associated with each Service (e.g.

ServiceInvokeCompleted

) if the Services need to be executed in a particular order.

Based on the error message, it sounds like the Navigation widget isn't getting the name of the Mashup.

Thanks,

Adam

jazuara
1-Newbie
(To:adam11)

Hi Adam,

Yes, the navigation widget is not receiving the name of the Mashup because the service is not getting a parameter it needs.This is an integer retrieved from the database. I am using events to trigger the execution of the services in order, but still no luck. There's like a debugging command we can add to the mashup url to see what's happening, right?

I appreciate it,
Jose.

adam11
5-Regular Member

Jose,

You can add a Value Display widget and bind the output of your Service to it to see the value that is being returned.

jazuara
1-Newbie
(To:adam11)

Hi Adam,

It seems my service is not being executed, even though I have an event to trigger it. I'm passing a Mashup parameter to it, and a ServiceInvokeCompleted from a different service, but nothing shows up in the Value Display.. Any ideas?

Thank you.

adam11
5-Regular Member

After you define a Mashup Parameter, an additional Event will be added to your Mashup that will fire whenever the value of your Mashup Parameter is changed. You will want to use this Event to execute the Service that takes the Mashup Parameter as input.

Hello Adam:

I'm working with Jose in this, is there a way to dinamically send parameter to a mashup just resolved by the navigation widget?

Because after we get the name based on the user we need to send the user id to the other mashup.

adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:martingalaz)

Martin,

Jose mentioned an integer parameter being passed to the Service that determines which Mashup will be bound to the Navigation widget. Is this integer the user ID? If so, you'll need to setup a Mashup Parameter on each possible Mashup, manually set the Mashup Name for each possible Mashup on the Navigation widget and bind the user ID to the Mashup Parameter. Then, remove the manually set Mashup Name so that it is still dynamically set to the output of your Service.

Thanks,

Adam

I appreciate the help, I had some other issues with my datashape and the value I was passing as a parameter. Now it's working.
Thank you.

Top Tags