cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Acessing more than one database in a thing template

rajgs
1-Newbie

Acessing more than one database in a thing template

Hi All,

Is it possible to access more than one database in a thing template? If yes what would be the configuration settings needed for the same?

Also wanted to know if Host name and Database name in JDBC connection string in Configuration for database thing can be made configurable so as to have flexibilty in changing hostname, portname db name etc without having to change the thing.

3 REPLIES 3
paic
1-Newbie
(To:rajgs)

Hi Raj, what would be the use case for this?

i.e. what prevents you from having multiple Database Things set up and dynamically determine which one to use in your services/mashup environment?

rajgs
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

Hi,

The issue is that i have two databases in my project. In same thing template i want to access data from both these. As of now there is only one jdbc settings associated to thing template. I wanted to know about the settings for multiple databases in thing template.

paic
1-Newbie
(To:rajgs)

Hello Raj,

We would recommend you create two Database Things. Each one of these Things is a connection to a Database so you can access its information. Each of these can have there own jdbc settings.

Top Tags