cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

menu default problem

luwenya
1-Newbie

menu default problem

I made a master mashup which contains a vertical menu on the leftbar. In my menu definition, I checked first item as default and left the remaining 3 items default unchecked. everything works ok. but when I switched order of the first two menu items (dragged the first item below the second item) and changed default as the new first menu item and unchecked the new second item, the result is still showing my original default which was my old first item is displayed. I cannot seem to change to a new default no matter what I do. any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
paic
1-Newbie
(To:luwenya)

Did you try reassigning the Menu to the Menu Widget?

luwenya
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

I finally figured it out the problem. the 4 menu items tied to 4 different mashups. I work on one particular mashup which was the first default. Now, I was asked to put this mashup as the second menu item. so I simply switch the menu order and reset the default. However, when I bring up the mashup which was previously first and now it is the second, it still shows the mashup is selected. but if I run the other mashup which is now the default first on the menu, this mashup is now selected.

So, here is my new question: which mashup url should I give to my audience? I'd like to keep the same url regardless my menu order change.

paic
1-Newbie
(To:luwenya)

The link you give to your end user, should always be the Mashup that you want them to start from.

Generally Menu defaults apply to Submenus

Top Tags