cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

View Mashup

ptc-6292144
3-Visitor

View Mashup

How would I allow a group of my coworkers to view a mashup I created for their use? Do I have to make them users and then have them log into thingworx, launch the mashup editor and then hit view mashup from there? Can I send them an HTML link that takes them directly to the mashup so they can interact with it?

5 REPLIES 5
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-6292144)

Hi Michael, 

In order to view and interact with Mashups, your coworkers will need to authenticate with ThingWorx, which is done using HTTP Basic authentication. As such, you'll create a User for each of your coworkers. Then, you'll apply Permissions for Users to specific Entities. While you could apply individual Permissions for each User, a best practice is to assign Users to a User Group and apply Permissions for the User Group. 

To answer your second question, you can provide your coworkers with the same URL that is generated when you select "View Mashup," albeit without the fromBuilder portion. 

For further information, consult section six of the wiki, entitled "Security." 

Thanks, 

Adam

After you have given them proper permissions, you can also set their Home Mashup on their user profile and give them a generic link to Server/Thingworx which after login will redirect them to the Mashup assigned.

If you want to give them a direct link, it is better to just give them Server/Thingworx/Mashups/NameOfYourMashup, sometimes the composer will launch the link with some extra encoding.
Remember that if you have a Master, you have assigned it to that Mashup.

Thank you for both of your responses. I'm currently trying Pai's suggestion, using the Server/Thingworx/Mashups/NameOfYourMashup on an iPad running iOS7 (I assume you can view mashups on an iPad since the preview and builder allows you to view what it would look like on one) and for some reason I can't visit the mashup. It gives me the error "Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found". It seems like Safari automatically adds in www. and .com after the server which is probably causing the error. Does anyone know of a fix for this or how I can view my mashups on an iPad?

Your server must have some IP address right? When I say Server that stands for the Server Address either an IP or DNS (not sure if I mislead you there)

I was able to get it fixed! thank you to both of you!

Top Tags