cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Query an InfoTable based on Button Selection

lorenmc
1-Newbie

Query an InfoTable based on Button Selection

I have a service which Queries an InfoTable based on a DataFilter widget and it is working fine.  However, I would like to change my MashUp so that when a user clicks on one button the Query service runs with a certain query input and if they click on a different button it runs with a different query input.  In essence, I want to remove the DataFilter widget and instead use buttons to determine the query input to my query service.  How do I do that?

Thanks,

Loren

2 REPLIES 2
paic
1-Newbie
(To:lorenmc)

Hi Loren since a Target can only have one source, but a Button can fire multiple services. Usually we'll use either a Mashup or Session Parameter or an Invisible checkbox/numerical/text box widget which is toggled by the Button and then the Value change fires the Query itself. That parameter or widget will then server as an input to the service so it can determine which query to run.

lorenmc
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

Hi Pai,

After thinking about it, I'm still not sure how to use the methods you describe to achieve the results I'm looking for. Any chance you could walk me through the basics of one of those methods?

Thanks

Loren

Top Tags