cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Thing's InfoTable property not update when DataShape is changed

sdinh
6-Contributor

Thing's InfoTable property not update when DataShape is changed

I had a Thing that had a property of type InfoTable.  I made a change to the DataShape of that InfoTable (a new column was added to the DataShape) but the property on the Thing remained the same. In order for me to get the property updated I had and re-created that Thing.  This is not an acceptable solution when a thing is live that has historical/audit data.

Is it a bug?  I'm running Thingworx platform version 3.0.0

2 REPLIES 2
abalousek
6-Contributor
(To:sdinh)

Currently right now the methodology behind persisting properties within ThingWorx and the graph dB structure does not facilitate propagating a DataShape change to properties of Things that are of that shape. Note however that you do not need to delete the entire Thing(s), simply deleting and re-adding the property at any level (ThingShape, ThingTemplate, or Thing) will accomplish the same result. As well, we can certainly create an automated process to effectively 'dump and load' the properties and data of all implementing Things.

sdinh
6-Contributor
(To:sdinh)

Andy, we can work with removing property at ThingShape level.   Thanks.

Top Tags