cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

ThingWorx ML 51.0.1 Developer Edition - error importing parking_importdata.csv

rtaylor-3
1-Newbie

ThingWorx ML 51.0.1 Developer Edition - error importing parking_importdata.csv

Greetings,

I just downloaded Thingworx ML 51.0.1 Developer Edition and am trying to import the parking kiosk data set.

I'm using PostMan and have been able to define the dataset and the corresponding meta information in Neuron successfully.
However, when i try to upload the actual data, i'm getting the following error:

Unexpected character ('-' (code 45)) in numeric value: expected digit (0-9) to follow minus sign, for valid numeric value

at [Source: org.glassfish.jersey.message.internal.ReaderInterceptorExecutor$UnCloseableInputStream@20679501; line: 1, column: 3]

Is this a known issue?

Seems like a parser error with the data file.

Is there a work around?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Filed a tech support case. With their help identified that when uploading file content, you need to remove the content-type header. This is not documented in the install guide, however, in hindsight, it makes sense.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

It appears the parser is expecting a numeric value in the "identifier" column. However, the parking_importdata.csv file "identifier" column contains alpha-numeric entries like 305-AJ-456. I'm guessing the parser is choking on the "-" character.

One work around i can see is to replace the identifier values with unique numeric values....unless the identifiers are referenced by other entities.

Hmmmmm.... i replaced the identifier values with unique integer values....still getting the same error. Maybe its an issue with parsing the entry_dt column.

Here is a value from the first record: 2015-10-13T11:16:50.5245740-04:00 ....Maybe its the timezone offset?

Ok....i modified the first column to be a unique integer value and the second column to be a static string '20151013'. Still getting the same error.

Filed a tech support case. With their help identified that when uploading file content, you need to remove the content-type header. This is not documented in the install guide, however, in hindsight, it makes sense.

I removed the content-type header and encounter error when I select the Send button:

{

"errorId": "d98746f2-921d-49db-849e-86199e814dbf",

"errorMessage": "Error uploading data set"

}

Can you please advise how to resolve this?

Removing the content-type header did help to resolve the problem. Thank You.

Top Tags