cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Expression widget not reading TextBox content correctly

dclayworth
1-Newbie

Expression widget not reading TextBox content correctly

I need an Expression widget to frequently monitor the contents of a TextBox and report on it. I set the Expression to execute every second using AutoRefresh. However when I type characters into the TextBox the output of the Expression does not change, until I move the keyboard focus away from the TextBox. It is as if the Expression does not see any change in its input until the keyboard focus leaves the TextBox. Interestingly the same issue does NOT occur if you make the AutoRefresh trigger a JS service. The service seems to see the modified version of the TextBox contents.

I'm attaching the Mashup I used to investigate this.

Anyone seen this or know of a workround?

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:dclayworth)

As a workaround you could try using the Changed event on the Text box widget to trigger the Evaluate on the Expression widget.

Not ideal, but I believe could work.

The Changed event only triggers when focus is lost on the widget, not when the contents are changed. When focus is lost both the Changed event is triggered and the contents are correctly seen.  I believe the two are related.

David, I believe the only way the text box contents are saved is when you either click outside, or hit the enter key. In case of text area, you would have to click outside because enter gives you a new line.

Top Tags