cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Thingworx Eclipse Plugin Errors

bpriya.s
1-Newbie

Thingworx Eclipse Plugin Errors

Hi,

I am trying to work on Thigworx 6.6 Eclipse Plugin .Installation went through successfully. During creation of new project I get an error saying

"An exception was encountered while preparing  the project".On clicking OK the project gets created but the folder structure has 2 empty folders (src and config files). metadata.xml, build-extension.xml are all missing.

Below is the screen shot of the error.

Error.PNG

Please help!!

Thanks,

Priya

7 REPLIES 7
katte
1-Newbie
(To:bpriya.s)

What do you see in the error log?

bpriya.s
1-Newbie
(To:katte)

The Error  log  doesn't show anything much. Just the same info. Below is the error log screen shot

ErrorLog.PNG

If you double click on that line in the error log, there should be a more detailed view of the error that pops up as a wizard.  It will hopefully show us a stack trace.  Can you try that and post a screenshot? 

Also, a couple of general debugging questions - What is the location on disk of your Eclipse install and Workspace? And can you send a screenshot of the information you filled out in the New Extension Project wizard? This can be helpful to narrow down the causal scenarios.

Thanks for the response Thearon. Below are the details you asked for.

Eclipse workspace-C:\Users\11031\MarsLatestworkspace

Eclipse Install location-D:\D drive\Software\Eclipse\eclipse-jee-mars-1-win32-x86_64\eclipse

The screen shot of error details:

ErrorDetails.PNG

Screen shot of New Extension Project wizard

CreateProject.PNG

Thanks.

That is exactly what I was looking for.  In the 6.6 version of the plugin, there was a bug which couldn't handle spaces in the location of the Eclipse install. It looks like the 'D drive' folder is what is causing the error.  This bug is fixed in the next release (7.0) of the plugin, which is planned to be released early next week.

As a workaround, you can move your Eclipse Install to a location that doesn't contain spaces in the path.  This is actually very simple and can be done by copying and pasting the eclipse directory into another folder.

Let me know if you need any more direction with this - and sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks Thearon. The issue seems to be fixed. As suggested moved the eclipse install to a new location.

katte
1-Newbie
(To:bpriya.s)

Okay, I'm not exactly sure about the exception. But try running eclipse from a different location, because if you've spaces in the directory names (like 'My Workspace') it might throw the exception.

Top Tags