cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Authenticate user in AD/LDAP using a Directory Service in ThingWorx 6.5

tzuge
1-Newbie

Authenticate user in AD/LDAP using a Directory Service in ThingWorx 6.5

Originally using ThingWorx 6.0 (6.0.3), we added verification of user credentials against AD by creating and using a custom Directory Service. I believe that we received a Directory Service provided by PTC, but it was customized probably for SSL communication to AD. We upgraded to ThingWorx 6.5, and this custom Directory Service no longer imports. This error appears in the Application Log:

(see error log details) [context: An unexpected server error occurred: com.ge.ip.bms.quality.authenticators.directoryservices.LDAPDirectoryService.updateConfigurationTableStructure()V][message: com.ge.ip.bms.quality.authenticators.directoryservices.LDAPDirectoryService.updateConfigurationTableStructure()V]

In 6.5, is there a better approach to this? is there a supported Directory Service or authenticator that does authentication with AD over SSL? If not, what is necessary to upgrade the custom Directory Service? I believe it probably needs to be compiled against a newer version of the SDK. Are there any other known changes that would be needed?

Thanks,

Ting

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:tzuge)

This should still be supported, please log a case with support.ptc.com

In ThingWorx 6.5, the call to updateConfigurationTableStructure() was failing (which was working in ThingWorx 6.0).

We moved the configuration table out of the Java code and into metadata.xml and got it working again in ThingWorx 6.5.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:jsaunders1)

You probably need to update your Extension building framework to the 6.5 SDK and that call should still work.

Top Tags