cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Problem with WeatherApp

vkunwar
1-Newbie

Problem with WeatherApp

I am facing problem in GetYahooWeatherService while making WeatherApp, Error shows as "Wrapped org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog. Cause: Content is not allowed in prolog."

I have changed test AppId with my own created AppId but still not able to resolve this problem.

secondly, Since I have my own username and password for login but still sometime website ask me for authentication and it doesn't take my username password.

Can you please give advice?

1 REPLY 1

Hi Vinay,

your first error sound like a wrong char encoding of the result content. I've seen such errors when using UTF-16 and UTF-8 was expected. In the resulting XML content you'll have a hidden char as the very first character. It depends on the Weather service API how you can impact the returned char encoding. If the serive is REST based you can try to add the expected encoding to the header fields of your request with one of the accept headers, details see at W3C and MDN.

I hope this helps, moritz

Top Tags