cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Problem while executing query.

pkumari
1-Newbie

Problem while executing query.

Error.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:pkumari)

Error Message seems to be pretty straightforward. Did you verify that you are indeed properly configured to connect to the database? Configuration section of your DataBase thing.

I have checked my database connection and it is showing status as connected. screenshot1.PNGconnection string screen shot.PNG

I am connecting to my local database and this is the connection url string by using this connection url string in properties it i showing status as connected.

Please help me.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Unfortunately the isConnected is not a good indicator. (Bug sorry)

I don't see a port defined in your connection string, so I think that may need to be fixed.

To check if you are actually connected, when you are setting up an SQL Query or Command, go to Tables/Columns tab and see if actual content shows up. If there is, you are connected.

Also look at the application log to check for errors.

I am getting these errors:

Async Execution Failed in Employee_test1 [The TCP/IP connection to the host localhost, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: connect. Verify the connection properties, check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port, and that no firewall is blocking TCP connections to the port.".]

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@140f07b][message: Unable to Invoke Service Test on Employee : The TCP/IP connection to the host localhost, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: connect. Verify the connection properties, check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port, and that no firewall is blocking TCP connections to the port.".]

Can you please explain more clearly how to resolve it.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

It is telling you that the connection failed on Port 1433 which is the default port for MSSQLServer

If it is the right port, then something is blocking the connection over that port.

Else, if it is the incorrect port, then define it in your connection string what the right port is

Dear,

I'm having the same error and tried different thing but didn't get it connected. Is there already a solution found for this issue.

Kind regards,

Steven

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:sdelausnay)

What is your configuration and what error are you receiving?

Top Tags