cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How can I create a new subfolder in ThingWorxStorage\repository?

chrish
1-Newbie

How can I create a new subfolder in ThingWorxStorage\repository?

How can I create a new subfolder in ThingWorxStorage\repository? I don't want everything to just be dumped into "SystemRepository". I'd like to create different subfolders for different uses in ThingWorx; or is this not supported? What is the best practice for file uploads, image storage, etc...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:chrish)

Christopher, create a new Thing based on the FileRepository Template. A new repository would be created under ThingworxStorage\repository\your_thing_name. You can create sub-folders by accessing the 'Services' section of your created FileRepository Thing and executing the 'CreateFolder' service.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:chrish)

Christopher, create a new Thing based on the FileRepository Template. A new repository would be created under ThingworxStorage\repository\your_thing_name. You can create sub-folders by accessing the 'Services' section of your created FileRepository Thing and executing the 'CreateFolder' service.

Top Tags