cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

ThingWorx Platform 7.0 Known issues list

guyhu
1-Newbie

ThingWorx Platform 7.0 Known issues list

Hi all,

Someone know where I can find a "Known issue list" for ThingWorx Platform 7.0.

The Release note provided in the package contain the bug fixes and enhancements but nothing about known issues. I really need this information but it is nowhere to be found.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

They don't usually publish it, neither they are open to do it, you need to know the issue number to ask for the state....

Thanks for your reply,

I'm upgrading from version 5.3 and I actually need this to do a proper risk assessment.

So I hope there is a way to get this information

Regards,

Guy.

This is a big step forward ( from 5.3 to 7.0 ), an issue list it's not enought, you can go to all Release Notes on each version in between to see an approximation of what changed. But you really need to do it on a Test System, and test everything, too much things had changed ( already for me was a pain moving from 6.0 to 6.5... )

Yeah, agreed. Key words there: "and test everything"

That's a huge leap, lots of new features, a few obsoleted features (which do not always make release notes), tons of new bugs.... some resolved, some not.

I personally would recommend going to 6.6.x, it's more hardened than 7.0 and new releases tend to have lots of issues. That was at least true of 6.0, and 6.5.

In my experience we (as a community) help ThingWorx, much like in the open source world by carefully documenting repeatable bugs.  We are a pretty small community still, but we can start now by being formal in how we report them.

Being small (and new), we're all going to be making mistakes that are claimed as bugs. 

Any ThingWorx folks willing to make a sticky message that is like "Version 6.x Issues" another called "Version 7.x issues"  ?  Or perhaps separated by areas:  "Version 7.x mashup issues" , "Version 7.x ThingCode issues".

GRatcliff

Top Tags